Advance Your Academic Leadership Skills
To excel in your leadership responsibilities at your school, join other like-minded colleagues and pacemakers at the Leadership in Higher Education Conference.
Running October 1921 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland, the two-and-a-half-day event explores the groundbreaking strategies, influential trends, and best practices that define effective leadership at the college and university levels today.
From the company that brought you The Teaching Professor Conference, the Leadership in Higher Education Conference delivers the same kind of superior programming and networking opportunities but, dedicated to academic leaders.
You will hear from a roster of prestigious experts and nationally recognized thought leaders. A broad mix of plenary addresses, concurrent sessions, and timely roundtable discussions leave no topic untouched. Among the conference tracks will be:
- Best Practices for Deans and Department Chairs
- Leadership and Management
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Faculty Hiring and Development
- Issues and Trends in the World of Higher Education
Visit the Conference Tracks page for a more detailed list of what will be covered in each track.
Beyond the formal presentations, you will have many opportunities to learn from and share experiences with peers from a wide range of academic institutions in a cordial and collaborative setting.
Perhaps you are at the midpoint in your career. Maybe you already have leadership experience and hope to attain a higher position, or you are a faculty member aspiring to a leadership position. Wherever you fall on the management spectrum, the Leadership in Higher Education Conference can help you reach your goals. Sessions will be especially geared for:
- Department chairs
- Division heads
- Academic VPs
- Program or project directors
Register today and you will be able to:
- Expand your credentials. You will demonstrate commitment to your professional development and raise the level of leadership for your school and students.
- Learn from the best. Gain knowledge on important topics from preeminent experts, practitioners, and specialists.
- Share ideas with colleagues. Exchange experiences and observations with both peers and more-knowledgeable presenters.
- See what is working across the country. Attain a practical, broad-based view of successful strategies at colleges and universities nationwide.
- Cross-train your expertise. Take part in programming and networking that cut across disciplines.
- Make your dollars go further. The breadth and depth of the knowledge base, talent pool of conference presenters, and networking opportunities ensure extraordinary value for your money.
Because the scope of the conference has been deliberately kept comfortably midsize, participants can take full advantage of the comprehensive scheduleand still enjoy one-on-one conversations with other attendees in an informal, casual atmosphere.
As members of the academic community are tasked with greater accountability than ever before, effective leadership is a highly desired, competitive trait. The Leadership in Higher Education Conference puts the tools in your hands to develop professionally, exposes you to ideas and strategies that you can apply at your own school, and boosts your career progress. Register today!