Editor, Magna Publications
Robert Kelly has been an editor and writer for Magna Publications since 2000, when he assumed responsibility for Academic Leader. Rob is the founding editor of Online Classroom and assists with The Teaching Professor. Before joining Magna, he held various editorial positions in the field of tax law, community newspapers and a university hospital public relations office. Rob has a B.A. in political science/liberal arts from the College of New Jersey and studied journalism at West Virginia University.
Products Featuring Rob Kelly
From department chairs to provosts, subscribers value the information and insight they find each month in our Academic Leader newsletter. Our own experienced editors, along with contributors from campuses across the country, examine current trends, challenges and best practices, helping to advance teaching, scholarship and service on hundreds of campuses across the country.
Online Classroom newsletter as been helping educators develop and define the world of online education since its inception in 2003. Issue after issue, we look at the challenges and opportunities presented by this dynamic, fast-growing teaching medium.
Blog Posts By Rob Kelly
- How to Promote a Healthy Department
- Coordinating Planning and Implementation of Strategic Initiatives
- A Strategic, Integrative, Goal-Driven Approach to Teaching Evaluation
- Supporters and Critics: Both Are Essential to Change
- The Process Approach to Blended Learning: Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Preparing for and Managing Academic Scandals
- Motivational Interviewing: A Communication Strategy for Addressing Faculty Performance Issues
- Changing a Department’s Culture
- Blended Learning: Integrating Online and F2F
- Selecting the Appropriate Communication Tools
- Discussion Board Assignments: Alternatives to the Question-and-Answer Format
- Tips for Humanizing Your Online Course
- 9 Course Development Tips
- Reciprocal Feedback in the Online Classroom
- How Does Temperament Affect Online Learner Success and Retention?
- Ideas for Active Online Learning
- Using Student Facilitators in the Online Classroom
- Recommendations for Blended Learning Course Design