Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty
Do your grading practices accurately reflect your online students’ performance? Do your assessment and feedback methods inspire learning? Are you managing the time you spend on these things—or is the workload overwhelming?
Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty can help you master the techniques of effective online grading—while avoiding some of the more costly pitfalls.
Drawn from the pages of The Teaching Professor and Online Classroom newsletters, as well as other resources, it features nearly 50 articles written by respected authorities in the field of online teaching. The book is an essential resource for new and veteran online teachers alike.
This content-rich collection of research-based and classroom-driven insights will prove its value in every course you teach.
With Grading Strategies for the Online College Classroom: A Collection of Articles for Faculty as part of your professional development library, you’ll have convenient, 24/7 access to the tools you need. You will be able to:
- Provide students with meaningful feedback
- Deliver assessments that reflect progress and inspire learning
- Manage the time you spend on your online courses
- Create a positive online experience for your students and you
Improve your online grading practices to accurately reflect your students’ performance, inspire learning, and manage your workload. Learn online grading practices that will allow you to improve your rubrics, feedback, exams, and assessments.
In article after article, chapter after chapter, you’ll find information to guide you in determining the:
- Best rubric for your online classes
- Assessment methods most meaningful to students
- Feedback practices that deliver maximum impact in a manageable time frame
- the proper formats for online quizzes
- Best ways to structure multiple-choice exams
- Steps you can take to discourage cheating and preserve academic integrity
- Value of student analytics in improving course delivery
- Most effective ways to manage discussion forums
- Policies and practices that encourage forum participation
- Value of Facebook and other social media as participation tools
- How-tos of creating virtual teams for collaborative learning
- Benefits (and pitfalls) of peer review
- Potential value of frequent, low-stakes grading
Few resources are this useful—or this affordable. Order a copy now!