20 Minute Mentor 4-packs
When you purchase a 20 Minute Mentor 4-pack, you receive four programs designed to complement each other at a considerable savings. Separately, each program sells for $99, but a 4-pack only costs $299 – a savings of almost $100 off the per-program price.
Our 4-packs include:
Blended learning is one of the most talked-about course design trends in higher education today because it has a documented capacity to improve student performance more than either face-to-face instruction or online technology can independently. Learn how to begin to design a blended learning course with this four-CD set which includes:
- What Is Blended Learning? – An overview of how combining classroom instruction and online activities can transform student learning.
- In Blended Courses, What Should Students Do Online? – Explaining how Bloom’s Taxonomy of Learning can help faculty determine whether to deliver content face-to-face or online.
- Should I Use ADDIE as a Design Map for My Blended Course? – Providing a comprehensive approach to designing a blended course.
- What Three Things Could I Do to Improve My Blended Course? – Focusing on the phases of learning, using technology, and increasing collaboration to enhance blended learning course design.
Condensing a semester’s work into a single grade can be a daunting task. Learn effective assessment strategies to set clear expectations, efficiently complete grading, reduce student frustration, and automate repetitive tasks. The CDs in this 4-pack are:
- What Is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
Learn an overview of what not to do when grading participation, activities worth doing, how to do them, and how to evaluate your own process.
- How Can Rubrics Make Grading Easier and Faster?
In this program, you will get examples of the three basic formats for rubrics and explore seven key recommendations developed to help you transform the grading process.
- How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading?
This material will give you strategies to reduce student frustration with grades, save valuable office time, and improve course evaluations.
- How Can I Use Technology to Create Custom Automated Feedback?
Learn how to use feedback banks, feedback technology, and automated feedback to improve your online comments to students.
New instructors may be experts in their field, but no one has taught them how to effectively teach what they know. This 4-pack is designed to bring them up to speed quickly so they can confidently instruct students. Programs include:
- What Are Five Tips for Writing Effective Learning Outcomes?
Learn to effectively articulate your pedagogical goals by developing a clear understanding of where you want your course to go and what your students will learn.
- How Can I Create Meaningful Assignments for My Students?
Discover 16 research-based strategies to create meaningful assignments for your students.
- How Can I Use Frequent Student Feedback to Improve My Courses?
Learn the five times in the semester when getting student feedback is valuable and the best ways to obtain that information.
- How Can I Get Started With the Virtual Classroom?
This program walks you through the conceptual and practical process of establishing a new online course.
Today, “student engagement” is much more than an academic buzzword. It could be considered the foundation for successful learning. Learn how to promote this essential connection in this 4-pack cointaing:
- How Can I Capture Students’ Interest in the First 5 Minutes? – Covering concepts and techniques to help make your first class the start of an exciting educational journey.
- How Can I Use Icebreakers to Connect with Students? – Showing how you can improve student motivation by first finding out what makes them tick.
- How Can I Connect Students’ Interests to Course Content? – Demonstrating three guidelines you can follow to reach students more effectively.
- How Can I Enhance Class Using Story, Popular Media & Objects? – Reviewing effective, learning-theory based techniques to get students engaged in course content.
Today’s returning veterans can be different from veterans of the past and different from the majority of students on your campus. Learn ways to help you better serve students who have served their country. This 4-pack includes:
- What Learning Activities Help Student Veterans Succeed? – Learn how you can use service learning, learning teams, and other educational techniques to help student veterans adapt to the world of higher education.
- How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans’ Success? – Explore different ways to help student veterans make the most of their strengths by modifying courses based on situational factors, assessments, and shifts in teaching and learning activities.
- How Do I Accommodate Student Veterans with Disabilities? – Discover effective responses to the learning needs of today’s student veterans and see how simple techniques such as providing instruction in multiple formats and giving students more time to answer questions in class improve access.
- How Can I Help Student Veterans Transition to Campus? – Find out how you can detect the early warning signs of post-traumatic stress disorder and identify factors that can facilitate or complicate a student veteran’s ability to adapt to civilian life.
Understand how to support the knowledge and skills determined by your course’s learning outcomes. These programs will help you structure and plan classroom activates to maximize student engagement, increase student participation, and ultimately deepen learning. This package includes:
- How Can I Use Discussion to Facilitate Learning?
In this program, you will learn how to structure and plan classroom discussions to maximize student engagement, student participation, and learning.
- How Can I Get Students to Take Responsibility for Their Own Learning?
This presentation will show you how clear communication and consistent application of standards can help students become more effective and engaged learners.
- How Can I Enhance the Impact of Feedback in Online Classes?
Discover how dynamic feedback strategies such as feedforward, expanded multimedia use, one-to-many presentation, and peer-to-peer delivery can change student behavior.
- How Can I Make My Exams More about Learning, Less about Grades?
Learn how you can transform exams into enhanced opportunities for student learning with practical solutions to the three core problems with exams today.
Discover how you can help keep students engaged, encouraged, and enrolled. You’ll come away with ideas you can implement immediately in your classroom to give every student a better chance for success. This four CD set contains:
- What Can I Do to Increase Student Retention? – Meaningful, proactive steps you can take to give every student a better chance to succeed.
- How Can I Promote Deep Learning Through Critical Reflection? – The process of critical reflection and examples of how it is a reliable way to deepen the learning experience.
- How Do I Create a Climate for Learning in My Classroom? – Learn how to create a collaborative, engaged classroom experience that everyone will appreciate.
- How Do I Get More Students to Participate in Class? – Get practical, easy-to-implement ideas for increasing student participation in your classes.
Accessibility is at the core of what higher education is all about. It’s too important to be an add-on or an also-ran and too central to the inherent values of educators to be overlooked. The Universal Design 4-pack will help you meet your responsibility to provide equitable opportunity to all students, from course design through assessment. These programs are included:
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible? - Explores a conceptual and practical approach to working with students with disabilities.
- How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive? - Designed to help you give all your students an equitable opportunity to engage actively with your course.
- How Can Backward Design Make My Courses More Accessible? - Describes and demonstrates a process for reducing barriers to learning in your assignments.
- How Can I Make My Exams Accessible? - Shows you how considering accessibility from the start can enhance your assessment practices for all students.