Increasing Intellectual Rigor in the Classroom 4-pack
The real joy in teaching comes not when students master facts, but when they learn to analyze, assess and make sense of them.
Discover some of the best tools and techniques to challenge students academically—giving high but attainable expectations in the new Magna 20 Minute Mentor 4-pack Increasing Intellectual Rigor in the Classroom.
We’ve put together a collection of Magna 20 Minute Mentor programs that will help you assess and address some important issues. They are:
- How Can I Help Students Develop Critical Thinking Skills? – Debi Moon, J.D. and Rob Jenkins, M.A. provides you with practical, proven ways to develop your students’ critical thinking skills.
- Is Team Teaching Right for Me? – Ike Shibley, Ph.D., provides you with a focused look at the fundamentals of successful team teaching.
- How Do I Give Feedback that Improves Student Writing? – Maryellen Weimer , Ph.D., shares with you seven novel feedback techniques that will motivate your students and drive real improvement in their writing.
- How Can I Promote Deep, Lasting Student Learning? – Linda Suskie provides you with 17 demonstrated principles to improve your teaching.
Each of these CD-based programs follows our popular Magna 20 Minute Mentor format – fast-paced, focused and content-rich. Each is led by a respected authority in higher ed.
Special savings on the 4-program set
Each of these Magna 20 Minute Mentors is an exceptional value in its own right, but this 4-pack is specially priced.
In these professional development programs, you’ll learn:
- How to identify learning strategies or areas that you can improve on in your teaching.
- How you can use benchmarking and “gateway” techniques to streamline the feedback process.
- How to make feedback more “actionable” for students.
- Which classroom activities promote active learning … and which don’t.
- How you can reinforce critical thinking through exams and assignments.
- How team teaching can benefit students – from providing them richer perspectives to encouraging critical thinking.
Meet Your Mentor:
|Debi Moon, J.D.|
|Rob Jenkins, M.A.|
|Ike Shibley, Ph.D.|
|Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D.|
- PDF Transcript
- Supplemental Materials
- PowerPoint Handouts