Mid-Year Issues 4-pack
This is a good time of year to take stock, consider how things are going in your courses, and do the fine-tuning that can help keep your classroom (and you!) humming along in good shape.
To assist you in that process, we’ve put together a collection of Magna 20 Minute Mentor programs that will help you assess and address some important issues. They are:
- What Can I Learn From Student Ratings? – In this program Ike Shibley, Ph.D. provides valuable insights to help you realistically assess students’ comments, determine which ones have merit, and develop an appropriate plan to make changes where needed.
- What Are My Multiple Choice Test Results Telling Me? – Linda Suskie looks at how student performance on tests, and even on individual questions, can inform your teaching for next semester and beyond.
- How Do I Get More Students to Participate in Class? – Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D. provides practical, proven strategies for getting hands raised and voices heard. Great ideas for encouraging reluctant students to get more involved (and a few tips for managing those who participate too much!)
- What Can I Do About Feeling Tired, Stressed and Burned Out? – In this program Brian Van Brunt, Ed.D. explains that stress is a fact of life in academia. Here, you’ll learn how to recharge your batteries, create better balance in your life, and distinguish between normal stress and real burnout.
Each of these CD-based programs follows the popular Magna 20 Minute Mentor format – fast-paced, focused and content-rich. Each is led by a respected authority in higher education. And each includes a valuable assortment of supplemental materials – 3 to 8 pages of additional written content, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation, and complete transcripts of the program, all of which will become valuable additions to your permanent reference library.
Special savings on the 4-program set
Each of these Magna 20 Minute Mentor is an exceptional value in its own right … but this 4-pack is specially priced.
Once you’ve completed these professional development programs, you’ll know:
- How to make the most of your student evaluations.
- How to use multiple-choice test results to enhance your teaching.
- How to energize your classroom and boost participation rates.
- How to cope with the stress and fatigue all educators face at one time or another.