Strategies to Manage High Enrollment Online Courses
Using The Right Technology
When your online college course experiences growing pains, it’s understandable if you do, too. However, panic doesn’t have to be the strategy of choice.
Your learning management system might offer tools and options that can help you maintain your current level of instruction.
Find answers on how to handle the increased workload while maintaining your high level of instruction in this seminar: Strategies to Manage High Enrollment Online Courses.
This Magna Seminar on CD helps you understand the effective strategies and online course space design changes essential for today’s distance learning instructors.
This higher education professional development seminar, led by Susan Fein, an eLearning Consultant and Instructional Designer for Washington State University’s online program, helps you understand:
- How to use a tool or technology to help you produce a desired learning outcome
- What creative tools or study aids you can incorporate to add variety and fun to assignments
- How peer-to-peer activities can increase interaction and reduce instructor workload
- Why it makes sense for you to replace some manually-graded assignments with auto-graded activities
- What types of tools can streamline your grading process and ensure consistent application of assessment criteria
By the end of the seminar, you’ll see how the right technology and Learning Management System tools can reduce your workload. You’ll discover resources for free, existing materials that can complement your current course offerings.
Most importantly, you’ll be able to maintain your current level of instruction while adapting to the constantly changing world of online learning.
Who Should View
This seminar is designed for any college or university that is experiencing increasing online course enrollment, but the ideas and suggestions are applicable to all private and public higher education institutions. Key staff members include:
- Instructional designer
- Courseware developer
Running Time: 75 minutes
Audio with PowerPoint
3 WAYS TO ORDER:
- Seminar CD with handouts
- Supplemental materials
- Complete transcript
- Free shipping within US and Canada