Task Completion: The Key to Higher Ed Marketing in the Mobile Era
Campus Website Best Practices
Student recruitment requires an effective online presence. Today, the marketing impact of design and content on traditional websites is under siege by the move to mobile communication and interest in social media. The result is a need to focus more clearly on the “top tasks” that potential students who visit your website need to complete, from finding a list of your academic programs to completing an inquiry form.
This Magna Online Seminar gives you best practices and examples from higher education websites (both traditional and mobile) for effective student recruitment and retention – from student recruitment to degree completion and continuing education programs.
The goal of this seminar on CD is for you to leave better prepared to make the necessary changes in your online marketing that will ensure you meet your enrollment goals.
After viewing this seminar, you will be able to …
- Apply the “top tasks” concept to improve the content and design of your student recruitment websites
- Have a solid understanding of and the ability to direct discussions about mobile website design
- Demonstrate effective website design by referring to the best examples in higher education, including creating an effective online inquiry form
- Understand the role of social media sites and how to react to critical comments
Learn from an expert
The presenter, Dr. Bob Johnson, is president of Bob Johnson Consulting, LLC. His specialties include Customer Carewords research to better engage website visitors, competitive website reviews, communication capability reviews of individual college and university websites, and "Writing Right for the Web" workshops. He is a senior partner with Gerry McGovern at Customer Carewords, Ltd. in Dublin, Ireland.
Dr. Johnson is the author of “Advancement and the Web: Thriving in a New World” and “Transforming Your Web Site into a Collaboration Marketing Tool,” (Handbook of Institutional Advancement, CASE Books 3rd ed., 2000).
Get the information you need
In this 90 minute seminar, Dr. Johnson discusses:
- How to use “top task” focus as the basis for an effective marketing website
- The latest examples from higher education marketing that work
- Recommendations for sources to develop continuing professional expertise
Who should view?
- Vice presidents of enrollment management and marketing
- Deans and directors of admissions and continuing education
- Staff members with marketing and recruitment responsibilities
Running Time: 90 minutes
Audio with PowerPoint
3 WAYS TO ORDER:
- PDF Transcript
- Facillitator's Guide
- Supplemental Materials
- PowerPoint Handouts
|Bob Johnson, Ph.D.|