Teaching Strategies that Improve Retention 4-pack
Discover how you can help keep students engaged, encouraged and enrolled in the new Magna 20 Minute Mentor 4-pack Teaching Strategies that Improve Retention.
You’ll come away with ideas you can implement right now in your classroom to give every student a better chance for success.
We’ve put together a collection of Magna 20 Minute Mentor programs that will help you assess and address some important issues.
- What Can I Do to Increase Student Retention? – Debi Moon, J.D. and Rob Jenkins, M.A. provide you with meaningful, proactive steps you can take to give every student a better chance to succeed.
- How Can I Promote Deep Learning Through Critical Reflection? – Barbara Jacoby, Ph.D. shows you the process of critical reflection and details how it is a reliable way to deepen the learning experience.
- How Do I Create a Climate for Learning in My Classroom? – Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D. shows you how to create a collaborative, engaged classroom experience that everyone will appreciate.
- How Do I Get More Students to Participate in Class? – Maryellen Weimer, Ph.D. provides you with practical, easy-to-implement ideas for increasing student participation in your classes.
Each of these CD-based programs follows the popular Magna 20 Minute Mentor format – fast-paced, focused and content-rich. Each is led by a respected authority in higher ed. And each includes a valuable assortment of supplemental materials – 3 to 8 pages of additional written content, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation, and complete transcripts of the program, all of which will become valuable additions to your permanent reference library.
Special savings on the 4-program set
Each of these 20 Minute Mentor is an exceptional value in its own right, but the 4-pack is specially priced.
Once you’ve viewed these professional development programs, you’ll know:
- How to promote a sense of community and collaboration.
- How to build student confidence and competence through participation in shared-teaching exercises.
- The concept of critical reflection and its impact on learning.
- What constitutes a memorable, positive experience for students and faculty alike.