Where Can I Find Free Tools for Holding Online Office Hours?
Office hours for online faculty might sound like an oxymoron, but in this Magna 20 Minute Mentor led by Barry Dahl, Ph.D., you’ll discover web-based tools you can use to connect with your students.
Even in an e-learning environment, office hours are an important part of the educational experience. Students need to know when, where, and how they can reach online faculty when more than just an email exchange is called for.
After participating in this fast-paced seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand how the “office hours” concept can work in online teaching
- Review the free web-based tools supporting office hours for online faculty
- Select and use web-based tools to connect with e-learning students
Free and simple to use tools
This seminar looks at three web-based tools you can use to support online teaching and connect with your students electronically, including:
- Ustream.tv – for live broadcast of your office hours
- Vyew – for web conferencing
- Google+ Hangouts – for meeting online with students individually or in a group
All these applications should fit your budget because they’re free. During the seminar, Dahl shows how easy they are to use. With the help of the handouts provided, you’ll be able to set up your own systems right after the session is over.
Don’t delay—order today!
Meet Your Mentor:
|Barry Dahl, Ph.D.|
- PDF Transcript
- Supplemental Materials
- Critical Reflection Worksheet
- PowerPoint Handouts
Make this program available for ongoing training
Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.