20-Minute Mentor Commons
An on-demand digital library of targeted faculty development that offer solutions to common classroom challenges—in just 20 minutes! A subscription gives your entire campus access to all 20-Minute Mentor programs.
Current Subscribers - Log In to View Your Subscription
20-Minute Mentor Commons is an affordable, subscription priced online collection of targeted faculty development programs, grounded in sound educational theory, that offer solutions to common classroom challenges—in just 20 minutes!
A subscription to 20-Minute Mentor Commons gives your entire campus unlimited, on-demand access to a library of Magna 20-Minute Mentor programs. This resource continues to grow as more programs are added regularly. They feature the top experts in higher education ready to answer pressing questions whenever, and wherever, your faculty need answers.
Busy professors don't have time for long theoretical lectures on these topics; they want proven strategies now. They need answers in 20 minutes or less! That is what 20-Minute Mentor Commons delivers.
Benefits of 20-Minute Mentor Commons:
- Online and on-demand — access from any computer with an Internet connection
- Targeted — fast, focused solutions that instructors can use today
- Campus-wide — all faculty members can access all programs for an entire year
- Flexible — Watch seminars at home, at work, in a group, on a tablet, or even on a phone
- Accessible — transcripts included for each program
The programs in 20-Minute Mentor Commons pack an impressive amount of practical information into a concentrated format. They're brief enough to fit busy schedules, but long enough to deliver valuable, actionable content.
It really is an extraordinary collection of educational resources.
Product Code: TG00CA
Request a Free Trial of 20-Minute Mentor Commons
Experience all the features of 20-Minute Mentor Commons with a fourteen-day free trial.
Once your request has been approved, you will have full access to 20-Minute Mentor Commons for two weeks
In the free trial, explore the vast array of programs and topics available by watching as many presentations as you like. You will also have access to the handouts, transcripts, discussion guide, certificates of completion, and supplemental materials.
The free trial is only for higher education administrators.
Only one free trial per person.
With the wealth of topics available in 20-Minute Mentor Commons, and unlimited access for your campus, each member of the community can tailor his or her learning to their professional development needs. It's a flexible, practical means for everyone at your institution to build knowledge and improve performance.
The programs in 20-Minute Mentor Commons feature outstanding presenters delivering practical information and advice about the issues educators face every day in the classroom.
Some of the most popular topics include:
Some programs are tailor-made for new faculty, on subjects like boosting student participation, managing classroom distractions, and creating a climate for learning. Others are especially useful for veteran educators seeking to refine their methods and adapt to a changing classroom. These include programs on introducing a service-learning component to courses, getting started with online teaching, and analyzing rubric results.
Still others will benefit teachers at any stage of their career, on topics including, developing students' critical-thinking skills, building high-performing blended courses, and improving student engagement.
As a group, the programs in 20-Minute Mentor Commons present a wealth of opportunities for all your faculty members to engage in a continuous process of examining, refining, and improving their pedagogy.
Included with your subscription to 20-Minute Mentor Commons:
- Campus-wide access
- Certificates of completion
- PowerPoint handouts
- Supplemental materials custom designed for each presentation
- In-depth facilitator's discussion guide to reinforce learning and put it into action
- Complete transcript of each program
- Hundreds of hours of professional development seminars
- New programs added regularly with user email notification
- 50% off 20-Minute Mentor CDs
This on-demand service eliminates the need for travel or CDs and provides instant access to a complete faculty professional development library at an extremely affordable price.
Here are a few ideas on how to use the programs in 20-Minute Mentor Commons:
- Show one at the beginning of a department meeting
- Host a brown bag lunch to view the video and discuss the topic as a group
- New staff orientation
- Watch one individually to concentrate on a particular challenge
- Just-in-time learning
- Show the program in class and discuss the topic with students (The program How Do I Get More Students to Participate in Class? is perfect for this)
$2,297 - Year Subscription