Magna Online Seminar Help
A live Magna Online Seminar is an online presentation, conference or workshop that is delivered entirely over the internet on your computer using Adobe Connect.
No telephone connection is needed.
You simply connect to a private weblink that is emailed to you and access the seminar video and audio.
During a live Magna Online Seminar, the presenter speaks on a topic in his or her area of expertise. Magna Online Seminars are presented on your computer in a browser window that features a slide show presentation in one panel, plus video, polls and Q&A Chat when available. It also features sound and playback controls. The seminar may be viewed on a single computer screen or be projected onto a larger screen or monitor for a group setting (ex: Conference Room).
Click here to jump down on this page for a detailed list of system requirements.
Yes, however, you must download and install the Adobe Connect Mobile app.
- On an iPad or iPhone, install the free Adobe Connect Mobile app for iPhone/iPad on your device from iTunes prior to the seminar. You can log into the seminar directly through the app, or you can enter the seminar url link into Safari and the seminar will open in the Adobe Connect Mobile app.
- On an Android device, install the free Adobe Connect Mobile app for Android on your device from Google Play.
The slides are shown as the presenter advances them during the live Magna Online Seminars. Copies of the slides are included in the printable seminar handouts. While viewing the seminar on CD or on-demand, you can skip ahead or go back to a previous slide. If the slides seem to be stuck, not advancing or out of sync with the presenter's speech during a live seminar, please refresh your browser.
The email address of the person who purchased/registered for the Magna Online Seminar is used. That person will receive an email from Magna Publications three business days prior to the Magna Online Seminar. It will include a unique link to the online seminar and a link to the presentation handouts. They will also receive an email reminder the morning of the seminar. Please be sure to enable emails coming in from Magna Publications Customer Service. Please try to connect to the seminar at least 15 minutes before the start of the seminar to be able to troubleshoot any unexpected problems with your hardware.
An email is sent to the email address provided at registration both 3 days prior to the seminar and on the day of the seminar. If you have not received these emails, please check your spam filter or junk mail folder for a message from magnapubs.com. Emails from Magna Publications may be blocked or filtered by your university or college IT policies; please check with your IT staff for assistance. If you need further assistance contact Customer Service at email@example.com or call 800-433-0499, ext. 2 or 608-246-3590, ext. 2.
I am not able to participate in the live event. Are there any options to watch a recorded version of the Magna Online Seminar later?
You may register for the seminar if you're not available to view it live. The seminar recording is available to watch on-demand starting one hour after the presentation concludes and is available for seven business days for viewing on demand. The recorded version does allow you to rewind/fast forward/skip to certain portions in the recorded program. It does not offer the ability to ask questions of the presenter.
As of January 1, 2012, all live seminar purchasers also receive the recorded seminar on CD which includes video, transcript, presenter handouts, discussion guide and supplements. This is mailed to purchasers 7-10 business days after the live seminar.
Magna Online Seminar live seminar registration fees are priced per internet connection to the private seminar link, not per person. That means one PC can be connected to the live seminar, but an unlimited number of people can gather together and participate using that single connection, for example in a conference room. Many users purchase a single connection and view the seminar on a large screen using a video projector.
Substantial discounts are offered for multiple connections, which is a great way for your staff at different campuses or locations to participate without having to travel. Additional connections for your campus are available for $100 each, please contact our Customer Service Department firstname.lastname@example.org.
May I give the Web link of the Magna Online Seminar to a colleague for viewing from a different location?
No, the link to a Magna Online Seminar cannot be shared or used more than once, as it is sold as a single connection. Once you connect to the presentation via the private weblink, no one else can use that link to connect to the presentation from a different computer. We moderate the total number of connections to each live seminar as we have a limited number of connections available for each program. We will terminate any connections of unauthorized users. We do offer a discount rate for multiple connections, which is a great way for your staff at different campuses or locations to participate without having to travel. Additional connections for your campus are available for $100 each, please contact our Customer Service Department email@example.com.
No, each registration to a Magna Online Seminar constitutes one location where it may be viewed by as many people as can be accommodated there. Any recording, relaying, or other retransmitting of our live seminars is prohibited.
No, copyright laws prohibit the recording of our seminars. If you purchase the live seminar, you also receive the CD recording of the seminar with all the supplental materials 7-10 business days after the seminar.
I will have more than one person viewing the Magna Online Seminar - may I photocopy the handout for the other participants?
You are allowed to make photocopies of seminar handouts for other participants.
Yes, transcripts are included on the seminar CD for all seminars produced after January 1, 2011. Prior to that date, transcripts must be ordered seperately on the seminar product page.
You may cancel your seminar registration and receive a refund, minus a cancellation fee of $25.00, up to 7 days prior to the seminar. If you cancel your registration less than one week prior to the scheduled seminar date, you will be charged the full registration fee. Seminar cancellations must be submitted to Magna Publications Customer Service, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing.
In the event that we do run into technical difficulties before or during our program, we communicate to our audience through the seminar itself and/or via email.
- If an issue prevents us from being able to correct the technical issue within 10 minutes, the program will be rescheduled to take place within the next thirty days.
- We will notify attendees of the new date and time via email.
- Customers who were unable to view the entire program may view the seminar on-demand for seven business days following the presentation or receive a full refund.
Nill-me orders and institutional purchase orders are accepted for all Magna Online seminar registrations. Please enter the purchase order number during the online shopping cart process or print our downloadable PDF order form and mail it in. Fax or scan and email this form back to us. Download the seminar registration form here to order on paper.
We do not offer Continuing Education Credits for any of our programs. If you would like to see CEU's offered for future programs, please include your comments in the electronic evaluation you will receive shortly after the program, or email your comments to email@example.com.
Magna Online Seminars using Adobe Connect
- Click here to test your computer system for Adobe Connect compatiblity .
- A personal computer or Mac computer
- A high speed internet connection
- Internet web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- Smartphone Adobe Connect App for iPhone or Android
- Click here for a demonstration of a Magna Online Seminar, Adobe Connect.
- Click to view .pdf Quickstart Guide for Adobe Connect participants.
- Click to check your computer for Adobe Connect compatiblity.
- Click here for full Adobe Connect technical requirements.
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 2GHz Pentium 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows Vista®, Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8; 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended) for Windows Vista
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended)
- High speed internet connection
- Cookies enabled in your web browser
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- No Adobe Connect Add-in support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Users on Leopard can attend meetings in the browser.*
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended)
- Mac OS X v10.4–10.6 (Intel); Mac OS X v10.4 (PowerPC)
- High speed internet Connection
- Cookies enabled in your web browser
- Ubuntu 11.04, 12.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- No Add-in support for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in the browser.*
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3+ (11.2+ recommended)
- No Adobe Connect Add-in*
* If an OS above is noted to not be supported by the Adobe Connect Add-in, it means that users can still join, host, and present in meetings within the browser.
- Apple supported devices: iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad with Retina display, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th & 5th generations)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 5 and higher
- Android supported devices: HTC EVO 4G, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy SII/SIII, Nexus 7 tablet
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.3.4 and highe
- iPad users can download the free Adobe Connect Mobile app for iOS on iTunes.
- iPhone users can download the free Adobe Connect Mobile app for iOS on iTunes.
- Android device users can download the free Adobe Connect Mobile for Android from the Google Store.
- BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry® Tablet OS (QNX) 1.0.6 or later with AIR 2.7 or later for BlackBerry; compatible with BlackBerry PlayBook from the Blackberrry Store.
For devices that do not meet these requirements, meetings can be attended in the browser if the device meets the following requirements: Mobile OS with Flash Player and AIR support (Flash Player 10.1). Attending via the Adobe Connect Mobile app is recommended.
- On Android devices, the Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 app no longer requires the Adobe AIR Runtime to be installed
- All features of Adobe Connect Mobile are supported when attending meetings on Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 and higher, from a supported mobile device
- New features added in Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1 may not be enabled in all Adobe Connect Server meetings running on an 8.1 or older server
- Meeting server must be Adobe Connect 7.5.1 or higher in order to use Adobe Connect Mobile 2.1
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- VMware View 5.1
If you are having trouble joining an AdobeConnect meeting try the following:
- Enter the meeting as a Guest user by entering in your First and Last Name in the Guest field.
- Click the Help link on the Meeting Login page. This takes you to the Test Meeting Connection page where you can verify that your computer meets all necessary requirements. If you do not pass the test you will be given instructions for what you need to do.
- Make sure popup blocking software is not blocking your meeting window.
- Your campus may be using a proxy server, please contact your campus IT staff for assistance. To resolve this in Internet Explorer, select Tools> Internet Options > Advanced tab. Then enable the setting using HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections. After doing this, clear your cookies, close all browser windows and attempt to re-enter the meeting.
Most audio issues are either related to your PC computer system volume and speakers, or an older version of the Adobe Flash Player.
- If you have internal speakers, make sure they are not on mute.
- If you have external speakers, make certain they are turned on, connected to the PC and are not muted.
- Make sure you did not lose internet connectivity.
- Make sure your system has passed the system test, click here to test your system for Adobe Connect. You may need to install or update Adobe Flash Player on your computer.
- If you hear an echo, you may have more than one browser window tab open. If you are connected twice (or more) you will hear the audio coming from mutiple players on your desktop. Make sure only one room is open. If you have a 2 next to your name that means the room is open multiple times.
Mac Users: There is a known issue with Abobe Connect related to various Mac audio cards.
If you hear an echo, you may have more than one browser window tab open. If you are connected twice (or more) you will hear the audio coming from mutiple players on your desktop. Make sure only one room is open. If you have a 2 next to your name that means the room is open multiple times.
- Make sure you did not lose internet connectivity.
- Make sure your system has passed the system test, click here to test your system for Adobe Connect.
- If you receive a "Connection Failed" message it's likely that your campus IT department is blocking Flash streaming on their network. Contact your IT department for assistance.
- If your are hearing audio, but video is only partially there or "choppy" this could be due to a hardware acceleration issue on some computer systems using the Internet Explorer 9 web browser. To fix, please upgrade to the latest Adobe Flash Player.
- If you are unable to upgrade Adobe Flash Player please contact your IT department.
- Your campus IT department may be limiting video bandwidth on your network, please contact your IT department.
I am using a Mac, and I meet the requirements for playing a Magna Online Seminar, but it still does not work. What else can I do?
It is likely that your computer has the Flip4Mac Windows Media component for QuickTime installed. This interferes with the Media Player plug-in that is required to play a Magna Online Seminar.
It is best to contact your campus IT staff as this possible fix involves adjusting software settings on your MAC. To disable the Flip4Mac plug-in:
- Click your desktop, and select Apple System Preferences to open the Mac System Preferences.
- Click Flip4Mac WMV under Other.
- On the Plug-in tab, clear the "Use Flip4Mac WMV Internet Plug-in" checkbox.
- Exit the dialog to save your changes.
- Try to play a presentation. You may have to re-launch your browser for the change to take effect.
If your question is not answered here please contact our Magna Customer Service Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-433-0499.