Retiring Faculty: Untapped Resources for Distance Learning
Retirement does not necessarily mean the end of a faculty member’s contribution to a department. Distance education is one way in which retired faculty can continue teaching despite location and physical limitations. In a recent interview J. Patrick Whitaker, assistant coordinator of distance learning at J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College in Richmond, Virginia, spoke about the potential benefits for retired faculty and online programs.
- Retiring Faculty: Untapped Resources for Distance Learning
- The Academic Leader’s Role in Faculty Retention
- Collegiality: The Cornerstone of a University (and a Profession)
- Faculty Perspective of Faculty Development
- Six Steps to a Healthy Department