Collaboration at the Heart of Successful Change Initiatives
Successful change initiatives are driven by leaders and their teams, not solely by an individual chancellor, president, or dean. In the higher education environment, the individuals at the helm work strategically to develop a bold vision for their institutions and then devise an inclusive pathway of collaboration to achieve that vision. As the frontline change agents, they seek ways to influence and reframe opinionsabout newly proposed strategiesthat address trends in student needs, financial shortfalls, academic excellence, student access, and expectations of accountability. However, it is through a shared-governance modelthat they are able to create buy-in for change initiatives from a complex array of campus constituents.
- Positive Effects of Conflict
- Becoming a Self-Aware Leader
- Collaboration at the Heart of Successful Change Initiatives
- 10 Things I Never Knew about Being an Academic Chair: Lessons Learned from Year One in Administration
- Reading the Boss’ Mind: When Less Really Is Less