Succession Planning: Developing a Pool of Potential Leaders
Where will our next leaders come from? Are they prepared to lead? Are we taking steps to ease the transition of new leaders so that they can be effective from day one? Most institutions don’t consider these questions in a methodical manner, perhaps due to resistance to the corporate concept of succession planning or simply because no one has decided that this is a priority. However, with all the challenges higher education faces—such as increased competition from for-profits, decreased funding, and greater accountability to government and the public—can your institution afford not to identify and develop future leaders?
- New Undocumented Immigrant Policy (DACA): Implications for Students and Institutions
- The Last Refuge of Scoundrels
- Seven Steps for Enriching Ethics in Academic Leadership
- Succession Planning: Developing a Pool of Potential Leaders
- Preparing for and Managing Scandals