The Destruction of Collegiality: Three Cases, Three Lessons
As an academic administrator (usually as a dean, but also as a chair, a provost, and a faculty member), I have been a close observer of the consequences of poorly structured evaluations, which can, in the worst-case scenario, lead to destructive and expensive litigation and which certainly are painful for the individuals involved. What is often unacknowledged is that poor performance review processes can lead to whole departments inheriting legendary hatreds.
- Q&A: Supporting and Retaining Student Veterans
- How to Be an Influential Leader
- The Other Kind of Leadership Environment
- Developing a Leadership Philosophy
- Supporting Learning: What Faculty Want from Administrators
- The Destruction of Collegiality: Three Cases, Three Lessons