Working with Institutional Research to Make Data-Driven Decisions
There’s a wealth of data available to help academic leaders lead their units, but making sense of it can be overwhelming. Institutional research staff can help leaders ask the right questions and get at the most relevant data for a particular issue. In an interview with Academic Leader, Ricky Tompkins, assistant vice president for research and planning at NorthWest Arkansas Community College, offered his insights on how to work with institutional research staff to use data effectively to make decisions.
- A Culture that Supports Quiet Leaders
- Collegiality as a Criterion for Personnel Decisions
- Working with Institutional Research to Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Academic Leaders as Introverts and Extroverts
- From Rusty to Robust: Overcoming the Challenges to Effective Faculty Development