Promoting an Innovative Culture within a Department
When Pedro Arce became chair of the department of chemical engineering at Tennessee Technological University in 2003, enrollments were down, the curriculum and teaching methods were outdated, and employer demand for the departmentís graduates was not very strong. Arce recognized the departmentís potential as well as the cultural issues that impeded innovation and has been able to lead the departmentís transformation.
- Support for New Chairs: Advice for Chairs and Deans
- Promoting an Innovative Culture within a Department
- Leading Change Amid Opposition
- ‘Going to the Dark Side’ in Trying Times
- 7 Ways a Chair Can Promote Collegiality