7 Ways a Chair Can Promote Collegiality
Department chairs can play a significant role in promoting collaboration and cooperation for the benefit of individual faculty members and the unit. In an interview with Academic Leader, Patrick Lawrence, chair of the department of geography and planning at the University of Toledo, outlined several practical steps that can help chairs support faculty and build a collegial department.
- Support for New Chairs: Advice for Chairs and Deans
- Promoting an Innovative Culture within a Department
- Leading Change Amid Opposition
- ‘Going to the Dark Side’ in Trying Times
- 7 Ways a Chair Can Promote Collegiality