Myths, Realities, and Secrets of Academic Administration
The next time a situation like this comes up, I'm going to handle things differently. How often have department chairs and deans made this statement to themselves? What if they could understand the true realities and handle things "differently" in the first place? This article provides experiential research and documented citations to reveal the myths, realities, and secrets for two common administrative scenarios.
- Bates' Workload Changes Improve Efficiency, Recognize Importance of Faculty Roles Outside Class
- Reacting to Competition From Other Institutions: An Interview With Katrina Meyer
- Encouraging, Supporting Learning Communities
- Resolving Academic Dishonesty Through Facilitated Discussion
- Coach Faculty on Handling Parents
- Myths, Realities, and Secrets of Academic Administration