How's the Climate on Your Campus?
Howard B. Altman in a recent Change article stated that, "Even the best faculty development programs tend to ignore job satisfaction and focus exclusively on job effectiveness. Both are important." At Utah State University, we agree that it is crucial to find out the sources of faculty satisfaction with their jobs and with the environment in which they are working. In 1999, MIT undertook a comprehensive survey of faculty women in the School of Science to gain insights into their job satisfaction. With the help of an NSF–ADVANCE grant, we were able to follow suit in 2003 on our campus.
- Rethinking Teaching Assignments: Should Senior Faculty Teach More Introductory Courses?
- A Cross-Departmental Learning Community
- Faculty Motivation: A View from the Ivory Tower
- Blended Design Improves Core Course, Introduces Students, Faculty to Online Learning
- Supporting and Empowering Department Chairs
- How's the Climate on Your Campus?