Integrating Adjuncts into the Community through Professional Development, Support
When Johnson County Community College Assistant Dean of Sciences Joseph Gadberry is hiring a part-time instructor, he seeks candidates with similar qualifications to his full-time instructors because hiring an adjunct is not necessarily a short-term staffing solution. The goal is to integrate adjuncts into the college community by having them serve on major committees, attend department meetings, and participate in the same professional development activities as full-time faculty members.
- Exchange Program Links Two Complementary Institutions
- Faculty Assessment Serves Institutional, Individual Needs
- Making Time for Big-Picture Thinking
- Translating Teaching Skills to Leadership Roles
- The Flexible Sabbatical: An Alternative for Academic Administrators
- Integrating Adjuncts into the Community through Professional Development, Support