The Flexible Sabbatical: An Alternative for Academic Administrators
In the move from full-time faculty member to full-time academic administrator, much is gained - and much is at risk for being lost. There is simply not enough time in the day, and the summer months—once a time to dedicate to scholarship—take on a new shape with 12-month administrative positions. Yet remaining active in our fields is a critical part of our leadership role, keeping us current in the field, able to engage with faculty, and lead our programs in vibrant directions.
- Exchange Program Links Two Complementary Institutions
- Faculty Assessment Serves Institutional, Individual Needs
- Making Time for Big-Picture Thinking
- Translating Teaching Skills to Leadership Roles
- The Flexible Sabbatical: An Alternative for Academic Administrators
- Integrating Adjuncts into the Community through Professional Development, Support