Supporting Technology Innovation and Scholarship: A Department Chair's Perspective
As a faculty member, keeping up with emerging technologies in my discipline area, as well as in the teaching and learning process in general, is as difficult as scanning through the 300 choices on my television cable box to try to find a show to watch. By the time I finish perusing what is available, the options have changed and I have to start all over. As chair of a department of 30 full-time faculty and 20-plus part-time members, the issue of encouraging technology innovation and supporting faculty in these efforts is a nonstop business.
- Using Stress to Create Change, Just as Nature Intended
- Informal, Frequent Communication Helps Dean-Chair Partnership Thrive
- Supporting Technology Innovation and Scholarship: A Department Chair's Perspective
- When Colleagues Are Brats
- Managing a Diverse Interinstitutional Research Center
- Academic Culture Feeds the Imposter Phenomenon