Managing Faculty Workload to Reflect Differences Among Disciplines
Managing faculty workload is among the department chair's most important tasks because it can have a major effect on program quality and on faculty and student satisfaction. The challenge is to balance the department's needs with each faculty member's unique skills and preferences, without giving preferential treatment to any faculty member.
- Using Blackboard as an Intradepartmental Communication Tool
- Bulletin Board
- Former Chair: Increased Scrutiny Reduces Planning Opportunities
- Managing Faculty Workload to Reflect Differences Among Disciplines
- Questions New Chairs Should Ask
- Matching Donor Interests with Problem-Centered Academic Programs