Using Blackboard as an Intradepartmental Communication Tool
Recognizing the positive effects that the Blackboard course management system had on communication among students in his online courses, James Perry, chair of the Mathematics and Life and Natural Sciences Department and co-interim dean of arts and sciences at Owens Community College in Ohio, decided to see if it could also improve communication among faculty in his department.
- Using Blackboard as an Intradepartmental Communication Tool
- Bulletin Board
- Former Chair: Increased Scrutiny Reduces Planning Opportunities
- Managing Faculty Workload to Reflect Differences Among Disciplines
- Questions New Chairs Should Ask
- Matching Donor Interests with Problem-Centered Academic Programs