The First 1,000 Steps: Walking the Road from Academic to Administrator
Last year, in an article in the Academic Leader (August 2004), Cheryl Achterberg wrote, "The leap from a faculty position to one in administration is full of risk," echoing C. Kristina Gunsalus on "surviving the jump from faculty to administrator," in an earlier Academic Leader (January 2004). Having recently completed my first 1,000 days and nights as the executive director of a Canadian university English-language school, I can see what Achterberg and Gunsalus meant.
- Recent Case Brings Stricter Conflict of Interest Rules
- Curriculum Review: Ideas from a Nontraditional Institution
- Managing Entrepreneurial Faculty Members
- E-Management: A Survival Guide
- Systems Thinking Not Just for Business Anymore
- The First 1,000 Steps: Walking the Road from Academic to Administrator