Shared Leadership Makes Chair's Role More Manageable
Most eligible (tenured) faculty members in the chemistry department at St. Olaf College had already served at least one three-year term as department chair and found that the two course releases per year did not give them enough time to administer the department while teaching and maintaining their research programs. As a result, the department faced the problem of having nobody willing to serve as chair.
- Strategies for Improving Faculty Morale in Times of Tight Budgets
- Quick Quotes
- The Unexpected Challenges and Rewards of Being Chair
- Bullying in the Academic Workplace
- Electronic Portfolios for Faculty Evaluation
- Shared Leadership Makes Chair's Role More Manageable