Committees Support, Provide Continuity for Department with Short Chair Terms
Budget cuts and the prospect of newly tenured faculty serving as department chairs in upcoming years prompted the mathematics department at West Valley College to reorganize its departmental leadership structure, moving toward a shared leadership model with many of the responsibilities delegated to committees. In addition to supporting the chair, this new structure has helped develop leaders within the department and has improved continuity from one chair's term to the next.
- Coping with a College Combination: The First 100 Days
- Committees Support, Provide Continuity for Department with Short Chair Terms
- A Formula for Successful Grant Writing: Four Proven Keys
- Retaining Faculty of Color
- Faculty Rate Academic Administrators at UCA
- How to Survive (and Possibly Thrive) After Losing Your Job