Department-less Interdisciplinary Program Provides Flexibility for Returning Adult Students
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (BAiLS) program, an interdisciplinary program at Northern Arizona University designed to meet the needs of returning adult students, is less structured than programs with similar goals at other institutions. This looser structure encourages collaboration among disciplines and provides for greater flexibility, says Larry Gould, associate dean of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
- Learning Communities Link Courses, Bring Academic and Student Affairs Together
- Parting Shot: It's Merely Academic
- Department-less Interdisciplinary Program Provides Flexibility for Returning Adult Students
- Linking Accreditation and the Malcolm Baldrige Framework
- Strengthening the Relationship with Student Affairs
- RACI Charts: A Tool to Identify and Acknowledge Faculty Members' Administrative Work