Forging a Partnership with Your Assistant
When Stephen Ainlay became dean of the College of the Holy Cross, he inherited an assistant with a long history in the dean's office who was able to mentor him on the history and culture of the institution and who "let me see early on what the benefits of a partnering relationship—as opposed to some sort of hierarchical relationship—really could be," Ainlay says.
- Taking a Holistic View of Student Retention
- Parting Shot - 'Assessmania' and 'Bureaupathology' in Higher Education
- GMU's Alternate Paths to Tenure Reward Teaching
- Setting Academic Priorities, Identifying Signature Programs
- Assessment Methods Should Match Institutional Goals
- Forging a Partnership with Your Assistant