Parting Shot - 'Assessmania' and 'Bureaupathology' in Higher Education
This is not a rant. As a college administrator, I am fully aware of the importance of assessment, and the bureaucratic efficiencies mandated in higher education in our country today. However, I do think it is important for academic leaders to be able to step back from the fray and the daily demands of administration and think about the philosophical and educational implications of the standards movement in higher education. Most college and university administrators are keenly aware of the standards movement in K-12 public school education, a dominant theme of contemporary education reform that has now moved to the college campus.
- Taking a Holistic View of Student Retention
- Parting Shot - 'Assessmania' and 'Bureaupathology' in Higher Education
- GMU's Alternate Paths to Tenure Reward Teaching
- Setting Academic Priorities, Identifying Signature Programs
- Assessment Methods Should Match Institutional Goals
- Forging a Partnership with Your Assistant