Study Identifies 5 Most Helpful Experiences for Moving from Faculty to Department Chair
Inadequate preparation, unrealistic expectations, and increased workload can be overwhelming for faculty members making the transition to department chair. Brenda Coppard, chair of occupational therapy at Creighton University, found this transition "just a little mind boggling" and decided to focus her research on it.
- There's More to Leadership than Motivation and Ability
- Parting Shot: Student Evaluations of Instructors: A Good Thing?
- What Encourages Faculty to Include Diversity Materials in Their Courses?
- Manias, Pathologies, and Alternative Approaches to Assessment: A Response to Doubting Assessors
- CFPD Mentor Program Provides Additional Support
- Study Identifies 5 Most Helpful Experiences for Moving from Faculty to Department Chair