When Does a Professor Cross the Academic Freedom Line?
Have you been following the academic freedom controversy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison? It is an interesting one, raising many issues about the limits of academic freedom, the responsibility for college course content, and the roles of legislatures and administrators in regulating expression in the college classroom. Bloggers have had a field day with this campus brouhaha, and talk show pundits have fanned the flames to the listening public. Opinion movers and shakers in the press, on the blogs, at the state house, and from academe are weighing in on both sides of the debate—so why not a "Parting Shot" in Academic Leader?
- Mentoring Future Higher Administration Leaders: Necessity and Value of Mentoring
- When Does a Professor Cross the Academic Freedom Line?
- Make Informed Decisions by Using a Balanced Scorecard
- Creating a Sustainable, Faculty-Driven Assessment Initiative
- Team Approach Boosts Research-Based Learning at UC Berkeley
- 10 Things You Can Do to Retain Your Best Adjuncts