Succession Planning: Developing Future Leaders from Within
Succession planning, or targeted leadership development, is not very common in higher education institutions, perhaps because of the corporate cronyism it often calls to mind. Certainly, the values and hiring practices in higher education are inconsistent with the "good ol' boy" network found in the corporate sector, but perhaps higher education institutions could apply some of the more benign aspects of succession planning to minimize disruptions associated with leadership change, preserve institutional memory, and make full use of the talents within the institution.
- Managing International Programs: An Academic and Administrative Perspective
- Parting Shot: Where the Girls Are
- How Departments Can Promote Teaching Excellence
- Different Perspectives on Distance Education: Faculty vs. Administrator
- Succession Planning: Developing Future Leaders from Within
- Performance Appraisal Interviews as a Tool to Improve Faculty Work