How to Develop and Manage Effective Service Learning Opportunities
As a marketing communication faculty member at Columbia College Chicago, I have assembled structured service learning opportunities with various classes and select not-for-profit organizations. Businesses I have partnered with include a community life enrichment center in the Midwest that serves people of all ages with developmental disabilities, a not-for-profit AIDS service organization that combines direct services and prevention programs, and, finally, an all-volunteer not-for-profit corporation that donates all proceeds to select gay and lesbian and HIV/AIDS service organizations.
- Evaluating Faculty with Specific Concerns: What, Why, and How
- Parting Shot: Rethinking Scholarly Publication for Tenure
- How to Develop and Manage Effective Service Learning Opportunities
- Departmental Culture Change
- University of Phoenix Taps into Associate Degree Market
- Academic Intrapreneurs: Key Players in Finding New Funding Sources