Maintaining a State of Readiness for Sudden Transition to Deanship
Many deans enjoy long, productive careers that terminate with retirement. In some cases, deans may make a voluntary strategic career move to a larger institution as a step in a grand plan to move to the highest levels of administration. In cases of impending retirement or an announced move, time may be available to groom a temporary or permanent replacement or conduct an external search. However, in other cases deans may have shorter tenures and their departure may be sudden and unexpected.
- Parting Shot: The Power of Listening
- Maintaining a State of Readiness for Sudden Transition to Deanship
- Leading Transformative Change
- Student Learning Outcomes Initiative Gets Help from Faculty and Technology
- Understanding Faculty Investment in their Institutions