Understanding Faculty Investment in their Institutions
What obligations do faculty members have to their institutions beyond their disciplines and departments? It's a question that is sure to get a lot of play as higher education institutions deal with the pressures brought about by increased scrutiny from outside constituents and other factors such as changing student demographics and a shift from a faculty-focused to a learner-focused orientation. Academic Leader recently spoke with Marietta Del Favero, professor of educational leadership, counseling, and foundations at the University of New Orleans, about faculty investment in their institutions and the factors that encourage and inhibit it.
- Parting Shot: The Power of Listening
- Maintaining a State of Readiness for Sudden Transition to Deanship
- Leading Transformative Change
- Student Learning Outcomes Initiative Gets Help from Faculty and Technology
- Understanding Faculty Investment in their Institutions