Changes in the Academic Profession
According to the National Center for Educational Statistics, between 2001 and 2003 only 54 percent of the faculty hired were appointed to full-time positions, and 35 percent of all full-time appointees were not in tenured or tenure-track positions. A very well-documented recent book (reference below) highlights these changes by describing three different kinds of faculty appointments.
- Leadership: It's Not Just for Administrators
- Parting Shot: The Student as College Customer: Do You Buy It?
- How Administrative Experience Informs Learner-Centered Teaching
- Authentic Leadership and the Authentically Difficult Employee
- Changes in the Academic Profession
- Dean Partnership: An Innovative Approach to Leadership