Encouraging Faculty Involvement in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Despite the admirable goal of improving student learning by assessment, many faculty members are uneasy about participating in assessment-related activities. They resent having assessment mandates imposed on them by administrators and fear that opening their courses to public scrutiny might negatively reflect on them personally. One way to overcome these negative feelings about assessment while promoting improved student learning is to encourage faculty to engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
- Why New Department Chairs Need Coaching
- Parting Shot: What Would Epictetus Do?
- Scheduling Courses for Flexibility and Student Success
- The "Gotta Wanna" Principle
- A Practitioner Model for Ethical Leadership
- Encouraging Faculty Involvement in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning