The Balancing Act: Managing the Chair's Role as Teacher, Scholar, and Administrator
I have just completed my first year as division chair. To say that it was a "learning experience" filled with "teaching moments" is putting it mildly. I had no idea what I was getting myself into! In addition to the normal duties of chair, my division was moving to a new building, the college was working on its accreditation self-study, we began collective bargaining, we added two new members to the division, we conducted a search for an additional new member, and I taught a fully online course for the first time.
- Parting Shot: Rushaholics and Infomaniacs: Discover Your Inner Snail
- Institutionalizing Undergraduate Research
- The Balancing Act: Managing the Chair's Role as Teacher, Scholar, and Administrator
- The Role of Higher Education in Promoting a Culture of Peace
- "It Seems Like Only Yesterday": The Challenges Faced by Recently Appointed Administrators