The Role of Higher Education in Promoting a Culture of Peace
Historically, many universities have not realized their responsibility to contribute to world peace. Perhaps this is due in part to their being part of the cultural zeitgeist and having financial dependence on public- and private-sector bodies that tend to discourage the role of a university as a cultural change agent. According to Pettigrew1(World Conference, 1998), "In the past, the universities have not been immune from involvement in the culture of conflict.
- Parting Shot: Rushaholics and Infomaniacs: Discover Your Inner Snail
- Institutionalizing Undergraduate Research
- The Balancing Act: Managing the Chair's Role as Teacher, Scholar, and Administrator
- The Role of Higher Education in Promoting a Culture of Peace
- "It Seems Like Only Yesterday": The Challenges Faced by Recently Appointed Administrators