Parents and the Role of the Academic Dean
An increasing part of any academic dean's week is fielding calls (and sometimes unannounced visits) from concerned parents. These so-called "helicopter parents" are well-known to student life professionals. In the past, they've called to try and influence the admissions process, to negotiate improved housing assignments, and to manage the personal lives of their children.
- Parents and the Role of the Academic Dean
- An Accountability Program Primer for Administrators
- Data-Mining Course Management Systems for Research, Faculty Recognition, and Faculty Development
- Serving Students by Helping Faculty: Encouraging Instructional Technology Integration
- Creating Faculty-Centered Quality Assurance for Online Courses