Using Interest-Based Negotiation to Foster Learning, Resolve Differences, and Strengthen Relationships
Leaders and professionals in higher education operate in a fast-paced, complex, and changing work environment in which they are frequently faced with diverse and often conflicting perspectives and opinions. And while having many different points of view fosters an interesting and rich learning environment, it also challenges leaders to understand these differences, negotiate agreements, and resolve conflicts. Given the complexity of work today, it is important that individuals, groups, and teams learn how to engage in dialogue, learn from each other, and negotiate differences while maintaining healthy business and personal relationships and effective teamwork.
- Use Creativity to Lead Change
- Using Interest-Based Negotiation to Foster Learning, Resolve Differences, and Strengthen Relationships
- Promoting Research while Advancing Instruction, Part 1
- Recruiting a Diverse, Culturally Competent Faculty
- Furloughs—A 21st Century Word for Pay Cut!