Collaborating with Students on Course Redesign
In 2005 Elon University’s teacher education program had a problem: student reviews of a key course in classroom management were terrible, and department chair Deborah Long sought solutions. “We had an adjunct teaching a particular course in classroom management, and the student reviews of the course were terrible. They hated the class. They didn’t feel that it was relevant. They didn’t feel that they learned what they needed to learn,” Long says.
- Sustaining Assessment Efforts
- Developing Academic Leadership across Institutions or Systems
- Collaborating with Students on Course Redesign
- Service-Learning Course Development
- Redefining the Chair’s Role