Competency-Based Online Learning: Lessons from WGU
Western Governors University uses a competency-based approach to education. “That means rather than measuring seat time or semester hours, we measure student completing and mastering competencies,” says Phil Schmidt, associate provost for compliance and accreditation and dean of the Teachers College at Western Governors University.
- Is Your Online Course Clicking?
- Teaching Online With Errol: Treat the End of an Online Course as if It Were the Beginning
- Increase Grading Efficiency with a Comment Archive
- Competency-Based Online Learning: Lessons from WGU
- Tips From the Pros: Use Audio Feedback in Threaded Discussions
- 9 Course Development Tips