Encouraging Online Learner Participation
Sustained, high-quality student participation usually doesn’t happen on its own in the online learning environment. The instructor needs to model participation, create assignments that encourage it, and foster an environment that supports it. Here are some ways that I promote student participation in my online courses.
- Teaching Online With Errol: The Longer the Online Course, the More Effort Needed for Student Engagement
- Tips for Humanizing Your Online Course
- Encouraging Online Learner Participation
- Integration of Case Studies in Online STEM Courses
- Tips From the Pros: Three Essential Instructor Inputs in Discussion Boards