Tips From the Pros: Three Essential Instructor Inputs in Discussion Boards
When used effectively, online discussions can provide a space for students to dig deep, apply concepts, challenge thinking, probe foundational concepts, synthesize ideas, consider alternatives, and debate points of view. To accomplish this, instructors need to provide structure and support in the form of three essential faculty “inputs."
- Teaching Online With Errol: The Longer the Online Course, the More Effort Needed for Student Engagement
- Tips for Humanizing Your Online Course
- Encouraging Online Learner Participation
- Integration of Case Studies in Online STEM Courses
- Tips From the Pros: Three Essential Instructor Inputs in Discussion Boards