Providing Online Learners with Developmental Skills Modules
Online learners in any course can have a wide range of content knowledge and online learning experience, particularly in community colleges, where access is a priority. To address this issue, Richard Mahon, humanities professor and chair of the curriculum committee at Riverside City College, embeds developmental skills modules in his online courses. “I began thinking about online course design and the state of student readiness in classes. Once students are enrolled in the class, my philosophy is to help them be as successful as possible,” he says.
- Teaching Online With Errol: Be Proud You Teach Online!
- Providing Online Learners with Developmental Skills Modules
- Have Students Generate Content to Improve Learning
- Student Interaction in the Discussion Board
- Tips From the Pros: Fair Use
- Creating a Sense of Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom