Encouraging Active Participation in Discussion Boards
Flawed pedagogy, lack of learner preparation, and reliance on extrinsic motivation can detract from the learning potential of discussion boards. In an interview with Online Classroom, Naomi Jeffery Petersen, associate†professor of education at Central Washington University, discussed these problems and offered advice on getting students involved in meaningful ways.
- Online Learning 2.0: The Teaching Toolbox
- Encouraging Active Participation in Discussion Boards
- Enhancing Online Course Discussions through Conference Roles and Blogs
- Using Apps to Improve Communication with Students
- Tips From the Pros: Four Learning Paradigm Recommendations
- The Learning Paradigm in Online Courses